To achieve good health there are 10 basic nutritional guidelines in which not only mothers should know but for the information of everybody:
1. Eat a variety of foods everyday.
2. Breast-feed infants exclusively from birth to 6 months, and then give appropriate foods while continuing breast-feeding.
3. Maintain children's normal growth through proper diet and monitor their growth regularly.
4. consume fish, lean meat, poultry or dried beans.
5. Eat more vegetables, fruits and root crops.
6. Eat foods cooked in edible or cooking oil daily.
7. Consume milk, milk products or other calcium-rich foods such as small fish and dark green leafy vegetables everyday.
8. Use iodized salt, but avoid excessive intake of salty foods.
9. Eat clean and safe food.
10. For a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition, exercise regularly, do not smoke and avoid drinking alcoholic beverages.
Source: ND/HRM Program bookmark