- When pressing pants, it is best that you iron the top part on the wrong side and the legs on the right side. Doing this would give the pockets and waist band a smooth look.
- To clean ceiling fan the easy way, cover your hands in a pair of olds socks. Dip them in warm sudsy water and run your hand over top and bottom of each blade. To keep dust from clinging to your electric fan, apply a thin coat of floor wax.
- Spray the lightbulb in your room with perfume. When the light is turned on a light scent will be done.
- For a fresher laundry basket, put a fabric softener at its bottom. Sprinkling some aking soda in the basket's bottom will also absorb odors.
- When washing dishes by hand, add vinegar tot he rinse water for a cleaner and brighter shine.
- To cut hard-boiled eggs in smooth slices, dip the knife first in water.
- Choose lemons that are heavy for their size and have smooth skins.
- Remove carrot tops before storing them. Tops draw water from carrots causing them to wilt.
- Dip the spoon in milk or water and the pancake batter will drop off the spoon easily.
- Test fro freshness by mixing one teaspoon of vinegar with one teaspoon of cornstarch. the mixture will bubble if the cornstarch is fresh.
- When only half of the onion will be used, used the top half and store the root end. The root end stays fresh longer.
They are very simple but in some other way it lightens our burden of work and the same time save time.
Source: Health and Home july-Aug. 2007 issue