Friday, May 29, 2009
When I read this email forwarded to me by my office mate, it really struck my attention and I can't help keeping it to my mailbox alone without sharing the information to others. This awareness may save lives.
The leading cause of breast cancer is the use of anti-perspirant.
*Yes,* *ANTI-PERSPIRANT* .
Most of the products out there are an anti-perspirant /deodorant combination, so go home and check Deodorant is fine, anti-perspirant is not!
Here's why :- The human body has a few areas that it uses to purge toxins ; behind the knees, behind the ears, groin area, and armpits. The toxins are purged in the form of perspiration.
Anti-perspirant, as the name clearly indicates, prevents you from perspiring, thereby inhibiting the body from purging toxins from below the armpits. These toxins do not just magically disappear. Instead, the body deposits them in the lymph nodes below the arms since it cannot sweat them out. Nearly all breast cancer tumors occur in the upper outside quadrant of the breast area. This is precisely where the lymph nodes are located. Additionally, men are less likely (but not completely exempt) to develop breast cancer prompted by anti- perspirant usage because most of the anti-perspirant product is caught in their hair and is not directly applied to the skin. Women who apply anti-perspirant right after shaving increase the risk further because shaving causes almost imperceptible nicks in the skin which give the chemicals entrance into the body from the armpit area. Breast cancer is becoming frighteningly common.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
One human hair can support 3kg (6.6 lb).
The average man's penis is three times the length of his thumb.
Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.
A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.
There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.
Women blink twice as often as men.
The average person's skin weighs twice as much as the brain.
Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.
If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.
Women reading this will be finished now.
Men are still busy checking their thumbs.
Did you get the message?
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
It's back to school again and children are now excited to go to school to see their friends and classmates. They are excited because they have new pair of dresses, shoes, bags and things for school. Above all they are happy to go to school because they will have delicious baons prepared by their parents. Below are simple tips in preparing baons for the kids.
* Always include fresh juice in your child's baon pack. Juices are healthier than sodas and, according to recent studies, will not contribute to childhood obesity. Or if there is no available fresh juices just plain water especially for children suffering from tonsillitis.
• Try to incorporate greens and vegetables in your child's snacks and lunch. Children don’t like veggies but they can eat these greens without fussing by using veggies in sandwich fillings and spreads.
• Don’t give candy. Candy and chocolate bars provide "hollow" nutrition as they are only full of sugar without the nutrients children need. Try to give your kids fruits and fruit salads instead.
• Don’t give your kids huge servings for their baon. They won't finish it and will just to go to waste. Another idea is to slice sandwiches into halves and wrap them separately.
• Provide variety. They will surely get bored with same kind of baon. Try new recipes and sandwiches that will appeal to their taste.
* Don’t include junk foods in their baon. They can’t get any nutrients from it.
Always remember correct preparations of food means good health for your child.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
It's just a couple of days remaining before the school year begins. I'm sure all of the parents are busy preparing, buying things for their students. And some of our parents are thinking of ways to make their budget enough for the school requirements. Here are some tips I can suggest in order to save a little from the budget.
- Recycle your child’s old wardrobe by finding new items that still fit or using some hand-me downs from an older child.
- Check flea markets and second stores for cheaper prices of school supplies.
- Encourage your child to recycle left over notebooks which can still be used by putting them together the unused ones and bind it.
- Make a list of school supplies before going to the store for fast and easy buying.
- Make a survey and comparison of prices so that in one way or another you can save money and time.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
A blog is a type of website usually maintained by an individual for the chronological publication of personal thoughts and Web links. It is often a mixture of the happenings of the person’s life and what’s happening on the net. I’ve been into blogging for quite a long time now because they said there is money out of it. I say yes there is because I have already enjoyed an amount not really that much but it compensates the hours I am into the net for composing and doing research for the post. But, how to succeed in blogging? Are there tips, strategies, and formulas in order to generate more? They said building traffic, building relationships with other bloggers, and visibility of your blog to other co-bloggers. Without these, your blog is nothing. Success in blogging means your blog has developed a number of relationships, connections, customer evangelists and positive experiences. Below are the ten tips for a successful blogging.
Be Real - Knowing yourself and your audience are extremely important aspects of successful blogging. Identify who you are as a blogger and what you’re blogging about.
Be Passionate - Passion breeds passion. Blog about things you truly enjoy.
Write Often - Writing often isn’t just good for the blog; it’s an absolute requirement for success. Updating your blog is very important because readers love new and fresh content.
Leave Comments on Other Blogs - Leaving comments is one way of building traffic and relationships with other bloggers and their readers.
Have Fun - Blogging is meant to be fun. Try linking to new sites.
Push the Envelope - Try something unusual that will get the attention of the readers.
Use Feeds - Feeds are all about lowering the barriers to getting at quality information, so do whatever you can to make sure you aren’t putting up any artificial barriers.
Create Meaningful Titles - Good title is an essential key to become successful in blogging. This is to attract readers to read what you are writing for.
As a matter of fact, I'm still searching new techniques and strategies in order to build more traffic to my site and it is really good to read other blog because through it you will find ways to increase readership of your site.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
1. Be neat and clean, sweet-smelling and well-groomed. This includes nails, teeth, hair, breath and attire.
2. Respect her parents. Ask permission every time you ask her for a date.
3. Compliment but so not flatter.
4. Be a gentleman. Observe rules of etiquette and good manners.
5. Be thoughtful. Ladies love surprises! It doesn't mean to be expensive. It's the thought that counts.
6. Be friends with her friends. They are the best sources of information of what she is.
7. If you love her, don't give up. But don't be too obsessed. Have timetable.
8. Talk to God about your concern. God knows what's best for you. So pray to Him.
Remember: Studies will be your top priority if you are still a student so don't indulge too much your time about that matter. Everything comes in the right time so don't be hurry.
This is the easy way and the fastest way to :
1. Make your Authority Technorati explode.
2. Increase your Google Page Rank.
3. Get more traffic to your blog.
4. Makes more new friends.
1. Start copy from "Begin Copy" until "End Copy" to your blog.
2. Put your own blog name and link.
3. Tag your friends as much as you can.
1. Picturing of Life 2. Juliana's Site 3. Hazel-My Life, My Hope, My Future.4. Jeanne-The Callalily Space5.My Family is my Life 6. The Simple Life of a Baghag 7. On A Wonderful Day Like Today 8. House Everything 9. The Creativity in Me 10. Travel and Photography 11. Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow 12. You Are My Sunshine 13.Song to Remember 14. Super Blog 15. Philiippine Tv Marathon 16.Simply Blue 17. Breaking the Boundaries 18. Top Five 19. elai's haven 20. bittersweet life 21. A Secret for Success 22. Your blog is next
I am passing this chain to my friends...
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Are you feeling stress about work, problems, relationships or anything? How you handle it? Are you seeking advice from other people or just leave it to yourself? Below are the tips on how to manage stress and how to deal with them.
- TALK TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS: It’s important to remember that you’re not alone. There are people who care and are available to listen when you need to talk. They may even be able to offer some help. If they do offer their help “ just say YES”
- REDUCE CHEMICAL STRESS: Caffeine, alcohol, nicotine and sugar can all raise energy on a short term level but in the long run they will just make things worse. Limit their use especially at bedtime so you don’t interfere with normal sleep.
- PUT THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE: Ask yourself if an issue is really worth the emotional and physical energy. It is costing you and does it really matter in the long run? Prioritize the problems you need to deal with and tackle the most important ones first. Give yourself permission to let go of things that you cannot get done.
- USE EXERCISE TO REDUCE STRESS AND IMPROVE HEALTH: Physical exercise is one of the most effective stress-busters. It relaxes tense muscles and improves sleep. Remember though, keep it fun – do things that you enjoy but don’t forget to check with your doctor before you start a new exercise program.
- REMOVE STRESS FROM YOUR ENVIRONMENT: Poor air quality, bad lighting and noise can really increase stress. To improve air quality, ban smoking from the areas you control, open windows for fresh air, and use plants to provide moisture. Avoid fluorescent lighting and use a full spectrum lights whenever possible. If noise is an issue, find a quiet space to work or read. If that’s not possible consider headphones with relaxing background music or earplugs.
- MANAGE YOUR TIME TO MANAGE YOUR STRESS: Use your time in the most effective and productive way possible. Prepare lunches and meals in advance to cut need on or before and after work stress. Plan projects so you have the things you need before you start. Planning ahead gives you more control of your life and reduces stress.
- IMPROVE YOUR ATTITUDE: If you have a negative attitude you may create problems out of opportunities and cause stress by alienating or irritating other people. Minor problems can seem huge and overwhelming. Look for the “silver lining” when faces with tough situations or mistakes. Remember you have control over your attitude towards life and how you let events affect you.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Happiness is something
we create in our mind,
It's not something
you search for.
It's just waking up
and beginning the day.
By counting our blessings
and kneeling to pray.
It's gives up thoughts
that breed discontent.
And accepting what comes
as a "gift heaven sent".
It's giving up wishing
for things we have not,
And making the best of
whatever we've got.
It's knowing that life
is determined for us,
And pursuing our tasks
without fret, fume, or fuss.
what God gives us to do,
That we find real
contentment and happiness too.
Friday, May 15, 2009
I just made this additional link or layout of my site yesterday and I am so happy every time I open my site. It really pays to visit other blog sites wherein you can view, read some information that you can apply this to your own site. Maybe you wonder what I am talking about. There is new in my sidebar. That is my flag counter. I saw it when I had my droppings of entrecard and tried installing it. When I open my site this morning I feel so happy, excited and flattered to see people from different countries visiting my site. Sorry I cannot remember the blogsite where I saw the flag counter but a million thanks to you. Want to try? Just click the link and you will be redirected to the site. It’s really a different feeling I tell you.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
I just want to greet to my office mate and co-blogger Miss Donna Kristel a very, very happy, happy birthday! May all your wish this year will come true. And may you have a very blessed birthday ever. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and GOD bless you always.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
For the filling:
5 cups milk
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
8 egg yolks
1/4 cup toasted and finely ground cashew nuts
For the meringue:
10 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
· In a saucepan, simmer milk over low heat until reduced to 2 cups.
· Add sugar, butter and vanilla extract, stirring all the while. Remove from heat.
· Beat egg yolks in mixing bowl.
· To egg yolks, gradually add milk mixture by spoonfuls, beating all the while. Stir well to avoid curdling.
· Add cashew nuts and continue cooking entire mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture has consistency of a paste. Set aside.
For the meringue:
· Preheat oven to 400 F.
· Beat egg whites until stiff.
· Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating continuously. Stir in vanilla.
· Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper greased with butter and spread meringue on top.
· Bake until brown.
· Spread filling evenly on top of meringue and roll into a log. Brush with butter and brown again in oven.
Have you wondered why is this being called as braso de mercedes? According to my teacher in baking this being named that way because in making this cake you really have to exert effort in whipping the egg white to form a foam for the icing so you have to whip as fast as you can, making your arms(brazo) tired or forming a muscle if you do it often. But after making it the fruit of your labor will be filled with sweetness because of the delicious taste of the cake. Try it now.
Monday, May 11, 2009
In some of the Filipino family, every morning or almost every meal time this kind of food is part of their viand. The first time I tasted this I really don't like it because of the rough texture of the egg but later on as I always eating it and serve with tomato slices and other spices I begun to like the taste and I even tried making it at home. Wanna try it also? here is the procedure.
What you'll need:
1 dozen duck eggs (any breed of duck will work)
1 to 1-1/2 cups of sea salt
5 cups water
1 gallon glass or plastic container
What you should do:
- To make the brine solution, dissolve salt in warm water.
- Wash eggs thoroughly and put them in the container.
- Pour in the brine solution. Cover the container with a towel.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 days. Turn the eggs every 4 days.
- After 30 days, remove the eggs from the brine solution. Wash with water.
- Cook the eggs by boiling in water for 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh, sliced or diced, tomatoes. Think of it as a salad!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
I want to dedicate this song to my mother who is always there for me, through ups and downs of my life. And I thank her very much for making me what I am now.
Sung by Charice Pempengco
You taught me everything
And everything you've given me
I'll always keep it inside
You're the driving force
In my life, yeah
There isn't anything
Or anyone that I can be
And it just wouldn't feel right
If I didn't have you by my side
You were there for me
To love and care for me
When skies were grey
Whenever I was down
You were always there
To comfort me
And no one else can be
What you have been to me
You'll always be
You will always be the girl
In my life for all times
Mama you know I love you
(Oh you know I love you)
You're the queen of my heart
Your love is like
Tears from the stars
Mama I just want you to know
Is like food to my soul
(Yes it is, yes it is,ohhhhh
Yes it is, yes it is, yes it is
You're always there for me
Have always been around for me
Even when I was bad
You showed me
Right from my wrong
(Yes you did)
And you took up for me
When everyone was downin' me
You always did understand
You gave me strength to go on
There was so many times
When I was so afraid
And then you come to me
I can face anything
And no one else can do
What you have done for me
You'll always be
You will always be
The girl in my life
Never gonna go
A day without you
Fill's me up
Just thinking about you
I'll never go a day
Without my mama
Friday, May 8, 2009
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS:
When in sorrow - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call John 14
When people fail you - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call Psalm 27
If you want to be fruitful - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call John 15
When you have sinned - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call Psalm 51
When you worry - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call Matthew 6: 19-34
When you are in danger - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call Psalm 91
When God seems far away - - - - - - - - - - - - call Psalm 139
When your faith needs stirring - - - - - - - - - - - - call Hebrews 11
When you are lonely and fearful - - - - - - - - ------ call Psalm 23
When you grow bitter and critical - - - - - - - - call 1 Corinthians 13
For Paul’s secret to happiness - - - - - - - - - - - - call Colossians 3:12-17
For understanding of Christianity - - - - - - - - call II Corinthians 5:15-19
When you feel down and out - - - - - - - - - - - - call Romans 8:31
When you want peace and rest - - - - - - - - - - - - call Matthew 11:25-30
When the world seems bigger than God - - - - - call Psalm 90
When you want Christian assurance - - - - - - - - call Romans 8:1-30
When you leave home for labor or travel - - - - - - call Psalm 121
When your prayers grow narrow or selfish - - - - call Psalm 67
For a great invention/opportunity - - - - - - - - call Isaiah 55
When you want courage for a task - - - - - - - - call Joshua 1
For how to get along with fellowmen - - - - - - - - call Romans 12
When you think of investments and returns - - - - call Mark 10
If you are depressed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call Psalm 27
If your pocketbook is empty - - - - - - - - - - - - call Psalm 37
If you are losing confidence in people - - - - - - - - call I Corinthians 13
If people seem unkind - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call John 15
If discouraged about your work - - - - - - - - ------ call Psalm 126
If you find the world growing small
and yourself great - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call Psalm 19
For dealing with fears - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call Psalm 34:7
For security - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call Psalm 121:3
For assurance - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call Mark 8:35
For reassurance - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - call Psalm 145:18
All lines to Heaven are open 24 hours a day! Feed your faith, and doubt will starve to death!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Monday, May 4, 2009
“He’s a monster,” said promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank at ringside. It's a great fight ever! Manny put on an explosive performance when he brutally knocked down Ricky Hatton with his left hand in just two rounds out of twelve rounds bout.
Proud to be a Filipino! Congratulations to Manny Pacquiao...
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Avoid eating chicken wings frequently - ladies, especially; a true story...!
A friend of mine recently had a growth in her womb and she underwent an operation to remove the.
A relapse occurred just a few months later. Distressed, she rushed down to her gynecologist for a consultation. During her consultation, her doctor asked her a question that puzzled her.
He asked if she was a frequent consumer of chicken wings and she replied yes wondering as to how, he knew of her eating habits.
You see, the truth is in this modern day and age; chickens are injected with steroids to accelerate their growth so that the needs of this society can be met.
This need is none other than the need for food
Chickens that are injected with steroids are usually given the shot at the neck or the wings.
Therefore, it is in these places that the highest concentration of steroids exists.
These steroids have terrifying effects on the body as it accelerates growth..
It has an even more dangerous effect in the presence of female hormones, this leads to women being more prone to the growth of a cyst in the womb.. Therefore, I advise the people out there to watch their diets and to lower their frequency of consuming chicken wings!
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Boxing Analysts have different predictions for this biggest fight of the year in the field of boxing. This is the battle of the East and West. Some said that Pacquiao will end the fight in 5-6 rounds by TKO others predicted that Hatton will win.
As for me I still believe in the winning strength of Pacquiao. So I expect for a great win of the "Pambansang Kamao".
May 2 is the final judgment of the two great boxers of the world. Who gonna win its up to them.
How about you? What is your prediction? Who will win for this fight?
Rarely, these strains of swine flu can pass from human to human. In humans, the symptoms of swine flu are similar to those of influenza. These are the symptoms for this illness: namely chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing weakness and general discomfort. So if you experience one or more of these go immediately to the doctor so that you will be further examine for possible contamination.
This becomes already an outbreak because it is an air born virus. That’s why people are advised to be very careful, if possible avoid crowded places, wear mask, always wash hands before and after eating, wash hands with alcohol, avoid kissing and handshaking as of this moment.
The holiday originated in 1882 as the Central Labor Union of NewYork City sought to create "a day off for the working citizens." Traditionally, Labor Day is celebrated by most Americans as the symbolic end of the summer
The form for the celebration of Labor Day was outlined in the first proposal of the holiday—a street parade to exhibit to the public "the strength and esprit de corps of the trade and labor organizations," followed by a festival for the workers and their families. This became the pattern for Labor Day celebrations.
Today, Labor Day is often regarded as a day of rest and parades. Speeches or political demonstrations are more low-key than May1 Labor Day Celebration in most countries; although events held by labor organizations often feature political themes and appearances by candidates for office, especially in election years. But others celebrated it by picnics, barbecues, fireworks displays, water sports, and public art events.
This year 2009 in the