Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Are you planning to set up your own site or blogs and looking for a host that is 100% free? Then, wordpress is the answer to that. Wordpress is one of the biggest blog sites in the world. It offers two services that are run out of two websites; the wordpress.com and the wordpress.org. Wordpress.com enables you to set up and create blogs on their website while wordpress.org enables you to download the wordpress software and set it up on your own hosting site. By using wordpress.com, you can set up your blogs in just a few minutes, search and communicate other blog users who use wordpress too. It has a nice and easy way to access complicated technology with less worry. It is free and no need to spend money for a blog. It is very simple and easy to use domain. By using wordpress.org; you can create your own domain name because it has software that you can use without restrictions. You can use different themes available in the internet in place for the default themes. And if you want more add-ons, you can download the software too but you need to have a good technical knowledge in the installation and configuration of the software. It also offers automatic installation which gives the best in hosting services. Like other software, wordpress has also a version; this is to ensure compatibility to other user.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Everyone has its own ways and strategies in studying in order to boost memory of important information. Below are some of the strategies which can help you before taking any exams.
- Focus your attention on the materials you are studying. Try to study in a place free from distractions such as televisions, radio, noise and other factors affecting your study.
- Avoid cramming. Establish a regular study sessions. Study ahead of time and regularly.
- Structure and organize the information. Try grouping similar concepts and terms together or make an outline of your notes and textbook readings to help group related concepts.
- Utilize mnemonic devices to remember information. These are techniques often use by students to aid in recalling the topics they are studying. The best example to this is you associate it with rhyme, song or joke; this will aid you in remembering the information.
- Elaborate and rehearse the information. An example to this technique is to read the definition of a key term, study the definition of that term, and then read a more detailed description of what that term means.
- Relate new information to things you already know. Establish relationship between new ideas and previously existing memories will increase the likelihood of recalling the recent learned information.
- Visualize concepts to improve and recall. Pay attention to the photographs, charts and other graphic in your textbooks. Highlights with pens some important information for easy recalling.
- Teach new concepts to another person. Share to a friend or study partner your new concepts.
- Pay extra attention to difficult information. Devote some time to difficult topics or information.
- Vary your study routine. Occasionally change your study routine. Try moving yourself to one place or change your time from evening to morning to improve your long term recall and in this way you can discover your most effective way of studying.