Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!
Click Advertise on My Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bayan Ko


I think everybody is familiar with this song 'Bayan Ko". This is a trademark song of Pres. Corazon Aquino during the EDSA Revoultion in 1986 the fall down of the Marcoses. The Filipinos will really missed you Madame Cory!

Ang bayan kong Pilipinas
Lupain ng ginto't bulaklak
Pag-ibig ang sa kanyang palad
Nag-alay ng ganda't dilag.
At sa kanyang yumi at ganda
Dayuhan ay nahalina
Bayan ko, binihag ka
Nasadlak sa dusa.

Ibon mang may layang lumipad
Kulungin mo at umiiyak
Bayan pa kayang sakdal dilag
Ang di magnasang makaalpas!
Pilipinas kong minumutya
Pugad ng luha ko't dalita
Aking adhika,
Makita kang sakdal laya.


(the english version of the song)

My country the Philippines
Land
of gold and flowers
With love in her palms
She offers beauty and virtue.
And of her modesty and beauty
The foreigner was attracted
O, my country, you were enslaved
Mired in hardship.

Even birds that are free to fly
Cage them and they cry,
Much more a beautiful country
Shall long to be free.
Philippines my beloved,
Cradle of my tears and poverty
I'll aspire,
To see you truly free.


No comments: