Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!
Click Advertise on My Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

SEVEN LAST WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST FROM THE CROSS


The Seven Last "Words" of Jesus Christ from the cross are actually 7 short phrases that Jesus uttered on Calvary that serve as an excellent holy week meditation.

1. "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." Lk. 23: 34
2. "This day thou shalt be with me in Paradise." Lk. 23: 43
3. "Woman, behold thy son." Jn. 19: 26-7
4. "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Mk. 15: 34 (Mt. 27: 46)
5. "I thirst." Jn. 19: 28.
6. "It is finished." Jn 19: 30
7. "Into thine hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit." . Lk. 23:46
Jesus is dying so that we might be forgiven for our sins, so that we might be reconciled to God for eternity. In the mercy of God, we receive his forgiveness even when we do what we know to be wrong. God chooses to wipe away our sins, not because we have some convenient excuse, and not because we have tried hard to make up for them, but because he is a God of amazing grace. May we live today as a forgiven person, opening our hearts to him, choosing not to sin because the power of sin has been broken by salvation through his death on the cross.

No comments: