Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!
Click Advertise on My Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Day

April 1 is being commonly called “April Fools Day”. The date is observed on the first day of the month of April. It is a day in which people do something fool to create a lot of fun. On this day many people make jokes and tell false stories and later found to be false. But why it’s called April Fools and where it originated? There are several explanations for the origin. It was believed that April 1st was once New Year’s Day in France but later on Julian calendar came out and Pope Gregory officially declared that it will be changed to January 1st. It took some time for the people to accept the changes and continued to celebrate New Year’s Day on the 1st of April. That is why it was called April Fools meaning it was a false celebration. And it becomes a tradition until now of fooling somebody just for fun and enjoyment.
I can remember during my younger days when a relative told me that I have to bring something I guessed that’s a broom and I have to swept the playground after I finished, they all laughed at me telling that I was a victim, I was then a fool to follow what they have told me. I just make laugh at my actions and enjoyed with what happened.

No comments: