Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!
Click Advertise on My Blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

How to Make Salted Egg

In some of the Filipino family, every morning or almost every meal time this kind of food is part of their viand. The first time I tasted this I really don't like it because of the rough texture of the egg but later on as I always eating it and serve with tomato slices and other spices I begun to like the taste and I even tried making it at home. Wanna try it also? here is the procedure.

What you'll need:

1 dozen duck eggs (any breed of duck will work)
1 to 1-1/2 cups of sea salt
5 cups water
1 gallon glass or plastic container

What you should do:

  1. To make the brine solution, dissolve salt in warm water.
  2. Wash eggs thoroughly and put them in the container.
  3. Pour in the brine solution. Cover the container with a towel.
  4. Let stand at room temperature for 30 days. Turn the eggs every 4 days.
  5. After 30 days, remove the eggs from the brine solution. Wash with water.
  6. Cook the eggs by boiling in water for 30 minutes.
  7. Serve with fresh, sliced or diced, tomatoes. Think of it as a salad!

No comments: