Can you easily locate things in your house? Or do you tend to forget the whereabouts of those things? Can you receive guest without scampering or hurrying up to clean the sala or the comfort room? When friends walk into your room, will they see towels, clothes, books, papers, magazines, bags and other things piled on your bed? Well, let’s end up those messy things around your house. I would like to share practical tips on how you can live a simple, organized and clutter-free life.
- Have a place for everything and always put everything in its proper place- dirty clothes in the hamper, books on the bookshelf and clean clothes inside the closet. This practice will help you remember and locate things easily. Organize clothes in the locker or closet by categories (blouses, shirts, skirts, pants, lingerie’s, etc.)
- Clean one day at a time. Ask your family not to leave things, anywhere most especially on the floor, tables and chairs. If they don’t want them redeemed, remind them orally or in written form to put the things back in their places after use. This is to avoid clutter inside the house.
- Get rid of stuff that ate not used anymore like old clothes, receipts and notes. Donate partially used clothes, books and toys that are rarely used.
- Avoid being too sentimental to the point of keeping all the kitchen ware collections of your grandmother’s mom even if you don’t have enough space in the house to store those things.
- Set a time for a general cleaning either at the middle and end of the year or every semestral break of the students. Take this time to consider the stuff you’d like to keep and those you want to give or throw away.
- Live simply. Buy only the things that your family needs, not the things that you want. As much as possible, keep away from mall sales even if the promo ads would says “up to 60% discount”. This is to avoid drowning up your own collection.
I think the above mention tips can be a great help in keeping up your things in order thus making your life peaceful, organize and clutter-free.